Google Voice is a phone number application program owned by Google. The app allows users to have a second phone number for an affordable fee. If you are looking to learn how to change your Google voice number on iPhone, you are at the right place as this article will shine the light on “How To Change Google Voice Number?”
Google voice allows you to send and receive calls, send text messages, perform online verification, perform a video conference, offer voicemail, etc from a mobile device or personal computer
Google voice offers one of the best voice over internet protocol (VOIP) for business or personal usage. The app is available for download on all Google play stores.
Can I Use Google Voice On iPhone?
Unfortunately, Google voice does not currently support iOS devices. However, you can install your Google voice app on your Android device and enjoy its amazing features.
Why Google Voice?- Importance Of Google Voice
They used google voice as an alternative phone number, as it offers a virtually reliable phone number.
There are other apps on the Google play store which offer a 2nd number for SMS, voice calls, etc. Apps like Numero, 2nd Textline, Dingtone, amongst others.
Google voice thus stands out as the best amongst the rest as it’s proudly supported by Google and it makes it easy for you to back up your contact on your Google account.
Most business owners use Google voice for business only. While sometimes some people use it for both business and personal uses.
Google voice allows you to manage multiple phone numbers on one phone without having to use a landline phone, or a different mobile phone to distinguish between work and personal calls and SMS.
Google voice also allows users to link all of their incoming calls, SMS, to one device. Most business owners, entrepreneurs, and marketers choose Google voice because of its amazing features.
Getting a different sim card for calls and SMS may be uncomfortable for a user as you may need to always switch sims on phone numbers.
Getting a Google voice number does not require you to buy a different sim card or have to undergo a rigid verification process for your phone number.
Getting a Google voice number is everything you need to manage different phone numbers simultaneously on one device.
Additional Importance Of Google Voice
- Google voice allows you to send and receive calls from your Google account:
Google voice allows its users to send and receive calls to the united states and other countries. The interesting part of this is that you can start a call straight from your Gmail app.
Google voice assigns a unique number to you which your recipient can save on their phone, so they can know when the call is from your other number.
Google voice also allows users to send and receive calls from Google Duo, Google, and Hangout from their mobile phone or your PC.
- Google Voice Offers Free Limitless Texts:
Google voice allows its users to send and receive text messages for free. We know nothing good ever comes free. So you might wonder if your SMS might take time to get sent, or if you will have to wait for some number of minutes before you can receive a message.
Here comes the shocker!
You send and receive messages instantly in Google’s voice within split seconds. In addition, you get to access your SMS on both your mobile and personal computer.
- Google Voice Supports Call Forwarding
Given a situation where you wish to forward calls to a specific number, you can always forward calls from your other phone number to your Google account.
Google Voice also allows you to link your pre-existing phone number to your Google voice number. You can then receive calls from the main number on your Google account.
For example, Emmanuel has an AT&T phone number, and he does not feel like sharing his Google voice number with a business associate. Emmanuel can give his business associate his AT&T phone contact and still receive calls from his Google voice account as long as he had previously linked his pre-existing phone number to his Google account.
- Google Voice Offers Voicemail Features
Google voice allows you to receive voicemail when you are unavailable to receive calls
Google voice offers a special feature with their voicemail service as they can automatically convert voicemails into text.
Google voice uses speech to text feature to convert speech into texts. If you are the type that dislikes listening to voice messages, Google voice allows you to read out your voicemail messages in words for free.
- Google Voice Offers Call Recording Feature
Google voice allows its users to record an ongoing voice call. You can simply activate the call recording option with the touch of a button on your screen.
For example, Ken boss placed a call to Ken and Ken boss dished out a lot of instructions for Ken. Ken can simply record the ongoing call and then play it later.
Can I Change My Google Voice Number For Free?
Changing your Google voice number comes at a cost. Do note that they will charge you $10; a one-time fee of $10 to change your Google voice number on a computer and you will be charged $20 to change your Google voice number on a mobile device.
How To Change Google Voice Number?
You may need to change your Google voice number for personal or work-related reasons. Changing your Google voice number does not mean you have to purchase a new sim card.
Google voice gifts users free phone numbers which they can use to make or receive calls for free. Although you may later be required to purchase credits before you can start a phone call.
Google Voice also allows you to link your phone number to your Google voice mobile app.
You’ll then get to choose your most preferred mode of changing your Google voice number.
Changing Your Google Voice Number On A Computer
- You can change your Google Voice number via your mobile phone or by using your personal computer. All you have to do is copy and paste the URL voice.google.com on your web browser and log in with your Google account.
- Look over the top left corner of your screen for the “menu” icon.
- Click “Legacy Google Voice” and wait for the page to load.
- The settings menu will appear; ensure you click on it.
- You are going to need to click on the “settings” icon again. But this time you have to look at the top right corner of your screen.
- The phone menu will appear on your screen. Click on it.
- Then the change phone number option will pop up, click on it and confirm that you want to change your Google voice number
- Follow the on-screen instructions and make your $10-one time fee payment.
- Once done, you’ll receive a confirmation email with instructions guiding you on what next to do.
- Follow the above instructions and you will change your Google voice number easily.
Changing Your Google Voice Number On A Mobile Device
Follow the below steps on how to change your Google voice on a mobile device. First thing you should note is that you are going to need a $20- one time fee to change your Google Voice number on your mobile device.
In addition, Google voice does not support all mobile phone providers. In trying to change your phone number on Google voice, it’s recommendable to use AT&T or Verizon mobile phone provider or simply check if your mobile number meets Google voice standard before porting.
Follow the steps below to change your Google Voice number on your mobile device
- Download, install and launch the Google voice application on your mobile device
- On your homepage, look over the top left-hand corner of your homepage for the “Legacy Google Voice” menu.
- Look for the settings icon, you are then going to need to click another settings icon inside the settings page.
- Then look for the “phone” menu and click on it.
- Once you click on the phone menu, you will your current Google voice number.
- Look next to your number and you will see the option to change your Google voice number.
- Select “Change Google Voice Number” and select the option to use your current number.
- Thereafter, follow the on-screen instructions to change your Google voice phone number; including making your onetime payment of $20.
- Do note that you may have to wait 90 days before they activate your new number on Google voice.
This article has shown you how to change Google voice number. Do you have any questions? Use the comment box to drop them and you’d get a reply ASAP.