Trying to use a faulty DirecTV remote can be annoying. However, if the DirecTV remote won’t change channels, that doesn’t make it totally useless. You can make it work again with no one else’s help. In this article, I will show you the steps to effortless fix the faulty remote.
DIRECTV offers satellite TV and streaming TV. DIRECTV offers the #1 satellite TV service to watch entertainment, breaking and local news, climate, and more at home on the big screen. You can likewise sign in to your account and stream TV or watch on-demand with their portable application on the entirety of your #1 gadgets. For example, your PC, phones, and tablets.
Thus, due to how fun and lovely DirecTV is, no one would like to miss any channel. So if you can not change the channel with your remote, ensure you read this article carefully and adhere to all the instructions.
There are few things that cause DIRECTV remote not to work or change the channel, below are the causes:
- Probably, your DirecTV remote isn’t operating the receiver.
- You may try to go to a locked-out channel.
- Your receiver’s Channel Lock feature may be active.
- You might attempt to choose a channel that isn’t shown in the on-screen control or in the top picks to show you are using.
However, don’t spare a moment to check if the remote is still sending out a signal. You can accomplish it by using your phone. If the remote is working, the signal will be produced, but you can’t see this with your naked eye. So we need to check for this infrared signal with a cell phone.
Turn on your cell phone camera, direct your DirecTV remote at the camera, and tap any buttons. On the off chance that the remote is working, you will see a white light in the tiny bulb on remote.`.
How To Fix DirecTV Remote Won’t Change Channels
We have tested the solutions listed below before we publish them. Probably, you will find the best solution to your DirecTV remote fault.
- You can change the channel using the up/down buttons at the side of the receiver. Once change the channels on the receiver, change the batteries in your remote.
- However, if you could not change channels from the receiver, turn it off and unplug it. After at least 15 seconds, plug the receiver back in and turn it on. Again, try changing channels from the receiver itself.
- Tune to a channel by entering the channel number on the remote’s keypad. If this takes you to the correct channel, adjust your favorites list.
- Press the “guide” button on your remote. Then press the “fav” or “list” button several times. Watch for a sign at the top of the guide that you are moving from “all channels” to a particular favorites list.
- If you are locked on one channel only, your Channel Lock feature is likely active. Consult your system manual to unlock the rest of your channels.
- Enter your password if necessary.
- See your system manual for information on managing favorite channel lists and locking out channels.
NOTE: The Genie remote uses light to impart the signal to the receiver. If anything is obstructing the receiver, this can influence the functionality of the remote. We(techrul.com) suggest having the receiver set in an area that is is free and clear of obstructions.
In most cases, maybe your remote is not set to handle your DIRECTV receiver. In that case, you won’t be able to change the channel with your remote. Follow the instructions below to check if it paired your remote with your receiver:
- Tap and hold the ENTER button.
- After three seconds, a Menu will show up to adjust your TV’s input.
- Last, select the DIRECTV receiver’s input source. For example, HDMI 1: Satellite Receiver, maybe the name of the input. Try different inputs to find the one set up for your TV.
In this way, you will discover if your remote is set to control your receiver. However, follow the instructions below to pair your remote with your receiver.
- First, direct the remote to your Genie, Genie Mini, or Wireless Genie Mini.
- Tap and hold MUTE and ENTER at the same time on your remote.
- The screen displays Applying IR/RF Setup. The remote is synced.
If your DirecTV remote won’t change channels; Probably, this article has shown you the best solution to the problem. Use the star button to rate this article, also, use the comment box to drop your questions.