WhatsApp has been updated a lot recently, with many new features and fixes being added to the app. It also has some new problems that have been reported by users who are running the latest version of the app on their Android devices.
One of those problems seems to be with the photos which appear in WhatsApp from time to time, but these don’t show up when viewing them in the Gallery or using an image browser such as Google’s Photos or any other one you might use. But what can you do if this happens?
Why Are My WhatsApp Photos Not Showing In Gallery?
This could be because of your WhatsApp settings or low storage!
Also, this is a really common question that many of us have faced at one point. Well, there’s no need to worry about this because the solution is simple.
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp and open the chat with the person you want to send the photos too.
- After opening the chat, click on Photo on the top left corner of your screen. – You will then be able to see all your WhatsApp photos from your phone.
Tap on the photo you would like to share. Select Copy Link or Copy Image. Go back to your gallery by tapping Albums on top left corner of your screen.
Tap + sign next to Camera Roll icon at bottom-right side of your screen or if you are not in camera Roll mode tap + sign next to Media Library icon. Paste the link or image and choose where you would like it saved. If you don’t know how to copy the link/image just refer to step three. Now every time you send pictures through WhatsApp they should automatically show up in your gallery without having to repeat any steps.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve shared them once before as long as the other person received them before (if not then go back to their chat and try again). there are other solutions that you can find online. For example some people say you need to enable ‘sync media’ option or you need an app called Smart Connect.
But it is important to note that these may work for some people but might not work for everyone so we recommend following our steps first before trying anything else.
How Can I Get WhatsApp Pictures In My Gallery?
It sounds like you may have a cache issue. The cached photos are stored on your phone and aren’t always transferred to the gallery. You can clear the cache by going to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Storage (or Storage & Memory) > Clear Cache.
Make sure to turn off your WhatsApp before doing this, then turn it back on again after clearing the cache. Let us know if this doesn’t work for you! We want to make sure that your photos show up in the gallery. To help with this, we recommend turning off your internet connection before taking the photo.
Then go back into WhatsApp and take another photo. Hopefully, one of these will show up in your gallery! First, try going to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Storage (or Storage & Memory) > Clear Cache. Make sure to turn off your WhatsApp before doing this, then turn it back on again after clearing the cache.
Let us know if this doesn’t work for you! Second, try turning off your internet connection before taking the photo. Then go back into WhatsApp and take another photo.
Third, just be patient! Some phones take more time than others to store photos onto the gallery. If all else fails, you might want to contact your mobile carrier or device manufacturer.
What If It Still Doesn’t Work?
If you’ve followed all the steps above and still can’t see your WhatsApp photos on your Gallery, try the following:
- Close out of WhatsApp and make sure you don’t have any other running apps.
- Open up your gallery and press on + symbol to add images from other sources.
- Go back to WhatsApp and open up a chat with the person who sent you a photo.
- Press and hold down on the photo they sent you and it will pop up asking if you want to share it.
- After pressing Share wait for it to load, then go back into your gallery where you should now be able to find that photo as well as ones that you shared before without an issue.
- If this doesn’t work, uninstall/reinstall WhatsApp or restart your phone.
- It’s possible your camera might be offline which could happen when you turn off airplane mode but leave Wi-Fi on.
- You may also need to delete some recent photos and videos (just to make room).
- Finally, try clearing your cache and data by going to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Storage > Clear Data.
- The same may apply for Google Photos.
- Give these methods a shot and if they still don’t work, please let us know!
Where Are WhatsApp Photos Stored?
If you’ve been running into trouble with WhatsApp photos not showing up in the gallery, there are a few things to try. First, make sure you’re running the latest version of WhatsApp.
You should be able to find it by going to Google Play or the Apple App Store and searching for WhatsApp. If that doesn’t work, try deleting and reinstalling WhatsApp.
This can help fix any bugs or force-close issues that may have caused your app to stop working correctly. After installing, go to Settings > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. Finally, turn on airplane mode for 5 minutes before turning off airplane mode again.
After doing so, open WhatsApp and send a photo from your camera roll to one of your contacts to ensure everything is working properly. Once you receive the photo, tap and hold until you see Save Image. Next, go back to your home screen and select Gallery.
Your new photo should now be present. It might also help to clear out your storage cache (Settings > Storage) as this could be causing problems with video playback as well.
Why My WhatsApp Photos Are Not Showing In Gallery iPhone?
A quick fix is to open the WhatsApp app and delete your conversations one by one. You can also remove the app completely from your phone and then re-install it again. This should help solve the issue. If this does not work, please contact Apple Support for further help.
- Restart your iPhone by holding the Home button on power down and then restarting it after the screen goes black.
- Delete your existing WhatsApp account from Settings > > iCloud > Find My Phone > Delete Account .
- Re-create a new WhatsApp account and verify it with an SMS verification code sent to your phone number or email address associated with your Facebook account or Google ID (if you’ve already linked them).
- Sign into that new account on your iPhone’s WhatsApp app and try sending photos again to see if they show up in the gallery now.
The reason we recommend deleting old messages before recreating a new account is because when messages are deleted, they are also erased from our server so they won’t come back later. Deleting messages will allow you to create a new account without losing any of your chat history.
However, if you want to keep your chat history as well as viewing your photos in the gallery, then instead of removing the chats one by one, simply uninstall and reinstall the app which should automatically restore all chats that were there before uninstalling WhatsApp.
Why Are My WhatsApp Pictures Not Downloading?
The WhatsApp application has a built-in feature that automatically saves images to your phone’s gallery. However, if you don’t see the images saved on your gallery, it is likely because of a bug or issue with the app. The first thing you should do is delete the app and reinstall it from the play store.
If this doesn’t work, try deleting all of your chat messages. To do so, tap Settings > Chat Settings > Select Delete Chat History (This will only delete your chats and not any media).
If neither of these solutions works, contact customer support for more information. They may be able to help diagnose the problem over the phone. Sometimes, an update will be required and they can help walk you through that process as well.
When the uploads finally start appearing, make sure to save them onto your device by going into settings > storage > called WhatsApp photos.
WhatsApp photos not showing in Gallery could be as a result of several reasons which we have addressed in this article.
By now, you should be able to view your WhatsApp photos in your gallery.