Are you aware that it’s probably possible to find a lost Apple Watch after the battery dies? Hence, this article is going to teach you how to find a dead Apple Watch. However. Endeavor to read carefully and adhere to all the instructions in this article.
After my discussion with one of the Apple support representatives, he clarified that it’s impossible to find a lost Apple Watch that was discharged. He also told me that physical looking in this kind of situation could only see the Apple Watch. Hence, he also gave me some tips and tricks that I can probably use to find my watch, even if it’s offline.
If you are reading this article, you’ve probably misplaced your Apple Watch, and maybe the battery is discharged. If I’m right, then I can boldly tell you not to be scared. I’m going to show you the trick I used to find my lost watch with the help of the Apple “Find My.” Hence, Ensure “Find My” is enabled on the lost Apple Watch, else it will be impossible to track it.
Apple “Find My” is an excellent tool in all the Apple devices that allows all users to track and find their lost device. Even if your lost device is turned off, the agency will also help you find it by sending you the previous location before it was turned off.
It’s essential and necessary for all the Apple device users to enable this great feature on all their devices so that it will be easy for them to track any of their lost devices.
Apple doesn’t operate like an android device. Apple has improved so much, and it’s no longer as usual when it’s hard or impossible to track your lost AirPods, iPhone/iPad, or Apple Watch. Even if your device is switched off or discharged, Apple’s new Bluetooth location feature is going to help you track and locate your released device. It’s effortless as ABC to track your lost device using the tool.
iCloud and Find My are the two great tools that will help us get Apple Watch you’ve lost back into your hands. However, before I show you how to find a dead Apple Watch, first, follow the steps below to enable the Find My.
How to Set Up the Find My On Your Apple Watch
All Apple users need to enable this feature on all of their devices so that it will be easy to track and find their device whenever they misplace it. It will not take over five minutes of your time; follow the steps below.
- Turn on your device Settings app.
- You will see your name displaying at the top of the screen; just tap on it and proceed to the next page.
- Kindly tap “Find My.”
- Do you want certain friends or family members to see your location? If yes, then turn on Share My Location. Else ignore it.
- We’re almost done. Now tap the Find My iPhone showing on your screen, turn it on, and tap OK.
- Most importantly, turn on Enable Offline Finding.
- It will help you find your lost device even is discharged or switched off.
- Now proceed and turn on Send Last Location, and you are done.
In this way, the “Find My” would be enabled on your phone and any other Apple device you own. For example, Apple Watch or AirPods.
How To Find A Dead Apple Watch
Since you have the Find My enabled on your iPhone and the Apple Watch, Probably it will be straightforward to find your lost Apple Watch even if it’s dead or switched off. Hence, follow the steps below.
- Use your iPhone or iPad to open the Find My app.
- A new page will open, then you hit on the Devices tab.
- A map will pop up on your iPhone or iPod screen featuring your Find My enabled devices.
- However, if your Apple Watch is discharged or switched off, it will appear on the map and sidebar as an Apple Watch with a blank screen. But if your Apple Watch is turned on, it will appear on the map and sidebar as an Apple Watch with an active Home screen.
- Now proceed and select your Apple Watch on the listed Find My enabled devices.
- Kindly click the Directions tab to get walking or driving directions to your Apple Watch general location.
- However, if the lost Apple Watch is offline but not dead, you can Play Sound to help you locate it quickly.
- But if the Apple Watch is discharged or switched off, you can turn on Notify When Found to send notifications and a location update to your iPhone or iPad the next time your Apple Watch is turned on.
Now you’ve seen how to find a dead Apple Watch with your iPhone; however, if you don’t have iPhone or iPad to track the lost Apple Watch, you can also borrow from anyone close to you and use it to track the lost Watch. Read further below.
Lost Apple Watch: Here’s how to find your Apple Watch with someone else’s device
- Use the borrowed iPhone/iPad to open the Find My app.
- Proceed and tap the Me tab displaying on your screen and tap on the Help A Friend tab.
- You’ll be required to log into your iCloud. Suppose prompted to log in using Touch or Face ID, select Use Different Apple ID.
- NOTE: You must log in with your iCloud account that was used to enable the Find My.
- Proceed and sign in with your iCloud ID and password. Please do not use your friend’s own to log in.
- After you’ve logged in, you can now follow the steps in the previous section to locate your missing Apple Watch. Do not forget to log out after tracking your Apple Watch.
In this way, you can easily use your friend’s iPhone to track your Lost Apple Watch. Furthermore, you’ve seen the two steps of how to find a dead Apple Watch.
How to Enable Lost Mode
Are you sure you adhere to the helpful steps above, yet you were not able to find your lost watch? If yes, then you still have one option left. The best thing to do in this kind of situation is to enable Lost Mode on the lost Apple Watch. When enabled, a “Mark As Lost” will remotely lock the lost watch, and a custom message will be displayed on the screen together with your contact number. In this way, it will be easy for the person holding the Watch to reach you. Hence, The Watch will be too useless if the person doesn’t return it because they can’t use or reset the Watch unless you later disable the Lost Mode.
However, you’ve learned how to find a dead Apple Watch, following the steps below to enable the lost mode.
- Use your iPhone or iPad to open the Find My app.
- Proceed and select your lost Apple Watch.
- Under Mark’ As Lost’, select Activate and hit the Continue button.
- Now enter a reachable phone number where the person holding your Apple Watch can reach you and tap Next.
- Now enter a heart-touching message that will be displayed on your lost Apple Watch Lock screen. Please don’t use any harsh words.
- That is, now hit the Activate button.
READ MORE: How To Factory Reset A Second Hand Apple Watch.
READ MORE: How To Reset Apple Watch Without Apple ID.
You can use the Find My to find your Apple Watch when offline. However, if you later find the lost watch with any of the methods listed in this article, you can quickly turn off the Lost Mode. That is all, guys, and I assumed you’ve learned how to find a dead Apple Watch.