Are you looking for a unique and rewarding experience in Canada? Fruit picking jobs might be the answer you’ve been searching for. Canada is known for its vast agricultural industry and fruit picking is a popular summer job for both Canadians and international workers. With breathtaking landscapes and fresh air, fruit picking jobs offer an opportunity to work outdoors and enjoy the beauty of Canada. But it’s not just about the scenery, fruit picking jobs can also provide an excellent source of income and a chance to meet new people from all over the world.
In this blog, we’ll explore the different types of fruit picking jobs available in Canada, the benefits of working in this industry, and what to expect when applying for these jobs. Whether you’re a student looking for a summer job, a backpacker seeking adventure, or someone looking for a change of pace, fruit picking jobs in Canada might just be the perfect fit for you.
Requirements for Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada
- Work Permit: To work legally in Canada as a foreign national, you will need a valid work permit. The Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) enables employers to hire foreign workers to meet seasonal labor demands. Employers often assist in the visa sponsorship process, making it easier for individuals to obtain the necessary permits.
- Physical Fitness: Fruit picking jobs involve physically demanding tasks, such as bending, lifting, and standing for long hours. Being physically fit and capable of enduring various weather conditions is essential for this line of work.
- Language Proficiency: While not mandatory, having a good command of English or French can significantly enhance your chances of securing a fruit picking job. Clear communication is essential to ensure smooth coordination with fellow workers and supervisors, as well as to fully understand and follow instructions.
How To Apply For Fruit Picking in Canada?
Here are the steps on how to apply for fruit picking in Canada:
- Find a fruit picking job. There are a few different ways to find fruit picking jobs in Canada. You can search online job boards, contact local farms directly, or use a fruit picking agency.
- Apply for the job. Once you’ve found a job that you’re interested in, you’ll need to apply. This usually involves submitting your resume and a cover letter.
- Get a work permit. If you’re not a Canadian citizen, you’ll need to get a work permit in order to work in Canada. You can apply for a work permit online or at a Canadian embassy or consulate.
- Arrive in Canada and start working! Once you have your work permit, you can travel to Canada and start working as a fruit picker.
Here are some additional tips for applying for fruit picking jobs in Canada:
- Be prepared to work hard. Fruit picking is physically demanding work, so be prepared to put in long hours.
- Be flexible. Fruit picking jobs are often seasonal, so be prepared to work during the peak harvest season.
- Be reliable. Fruit picking farms rely on their workers to be reliable, so be sure to show up for work on time and be prepared to work hard.
How Much Do Apple Picking Jobs Pay in Canada?
The average salary for an apple picker in Canada is $27,300 per year or $14 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $25,301 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $49,725 per year.
The salary for apple pickers can vary depending on a number of factors, including the region of Canada, the size of the farm, and the experience of the picker. In general, apple pickers in southern Ontario and British Columbia earn higher salaries than those in other parts of the country. Larger farms tend to pay higher wages than smaller farms, and experienced pickers earn more than those with less experience.
Apple picking is a seasonal job, so pickers are only employed during the harvest season, which typically runs from September to November. However, some farms may offer year-round employment for pickers who are willing to work other tasks, such as pruning trees or packing apples.
Fruit picking jobs in Canada can be a great way to earn some extra money, get some exercise, and enjoy the outdoors. There are many different types of fruit picking jobs available, so you can find one that fits your interests and skills.
The pay for fruit picking jobs is typically quite good, and you may even be able to find a job that offers free housing or other benefits. If you are looking for a summer job that is both rewarding and enjoyable, then fruit picking in Canada may be the perfect option for you.