In this article, you’ll learn how to make your own Emoji on WhatsApp iPhone. Premade stickers and emojis are fun and all, but nothing is more satisfying than having everyone laugh at a meme, sticker, or emoji you made yourself.
Making stickers and emojis aren’t easy, and the closed nature of the iPhone isn’t helping matters. Fortunately, WhatsApp is a little more open than Apple’s iMessage. Creating an iMessage sticker pack is so complicated that you’d either need to learn to code or buy an app to let you make the stickers yourself.
Without further ado, let’s jump into the guide on making your emoji on WhatsApp for iPhone.
How to Make Your Own Emoji on WhatsApp iPhone
Apple introduced the Memoji feature in iOS 12, and it has stuck quite well. The feature lets you make animated versions of yourself into little stickers, in other words, emojis.
Memojis can have different moods and personalities. While they are best for iMessage, you can also send them across many instant messaging apps that accept image insertion.
You need to create your custom Memojis first before using them in WhatsApp conversations on your iPhone. So, I’ll start this guide by showing you how to make your Memoji on an iPhone, iPad, really anything that runs any Apple operating system.
Follow the steps below to create a Memoji on your iPhone.
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone. There is no dedicated app for memojis. Since it’s meant for iMessage, you can start creating one from there.
- Tap the compose icon to start a message and click on the memoji icon. You should see them here if you already have memojis; otherwise, swipe right and tap the + icon to create a new memoji.
- You’ll get to a new page that will look familiar if you’ve ever tried Bitmoji with your Snapchat. There are hundreds of face modifications you can make, not to mention the numerous face shapes you have to start with.
- After editing your memoji to your satisfaction, tap “Done” at the top right, and you’ll see hundreds of facial expressions based on the face you created.
Congratulations, you’ve created a new emoji that you can use on iMessage. Now, to the other part: using your new Memojis in WhatsApp.
Before we move on, it’s worth noting that you only need iOS 12 or above to create a Memoji. However, the feature to use Memojis in third-party apps didn’t arrive on iPhones until iOS 13.
If you’re using an iPhone that’s stuck at iOS 12, you may be unable to use your Memojis in WhatsApp, if you can even run WhatsApp, to begin with. For the best experience, it’s always the best option to stay up to date with the latest iOS release.
If you’re on iOS 13 or higher, follow the steps below to send your Memojis on WhatsApp. Note that the following guide is a continuation of the preceding one. You must read the previous one to understand everything in this guide.
- After creating your memoji, update your WhatsApp to the latest stable build.
- Launch WhatsApp and navigate to the conversation where you’d like to use an emoji.
- Tap the emoji icon on the Apple keyboard and swipe left to see all of the memojis you created earlier.
- Tap on any of the memojis to send them as a WhatsApp sticker.
Recall that I said some third-party apps would let you use your Memojis in a conversation; WhatsApp is one of them. When you select a Memoji in a conversation, it instantly becomes a WhatsApp sticker to fit it into the message.
If these steps don’t work on your iPhone, it’s either you’re running an outdated (pre-iOS 13) version of iOS, or you got a step wrong.
How to Make Your Own Custom Stickers on iPhone
Maybe you never wanted to create an emoji if you wanted to make custom stickers that aren’t necessarily graphical representations of your face.
If you have memes that you want to repurpose as WhatsApp stickers on your iPhone, I can help. Here, I’ll show you how to make your own stickers on WhatsApp iPhone.
Before continuing with the guide, you should collect all the images you want in your sticker pack. Of course, you can always create more sticker packs, but your first sticker packs should also have a couple of images.
You can create memes using a meme creator app, and you can download pictures from multiple sources across the internet.
After getting the images for your perfect iPhone sticker pack, follow the steps below to compile them into a sticker pack for WhatsApp on iPhone.
- Download and install the Sticker.ly app on your App Store. This app is one of the best apps to create custom WhatsApp stickers and is available on both Android and iOS.
- Tap the “+” icon in the Sticker.ly interface to create a new sticker pack for WhatsApp. The icon is blue and relatively obvious.
- You’ll need to create a name for your sticker pack and a name for yourself. After choosing cool names for both, tap “Create” at the top right.
- You should see your empty sticker pack with an option to add a sticker to the collection. Tap “Add Sticker” and upload a picture from the numerous images you want to use as WhatsApp stickers.
- You can make basic fixes from the editing interface, like removing the background or cropping out parts of the image. You can also add text to your sticker if you want.
Hit the save button after creating your sticker, and you’re on your way to creating your first official sticker pack.
You need three images to create a sticker pack. When you reach the threshold, you should see an option to import your stickers to WhatsApp.
Now, your sticker pack is ready, and you can start using your custom stickers in your WhatsApp conversations.
Apple’s iOS is already close to perfect, but Apple managed to create another helpful feature: Memoji. With Memoji, you can create custom emoji on your iPhone to use across instant messaging apps like WhatsApp and iMessage.
This guide shows you how to make your own Emoji on WhatsApp iPhone and how to use them in WhatsApp. When you get bored of Memojis, you can also make some funny stickers to while away time.