Sometimes, we come across some stuff that doesn’t belong to us, such as phones or money. Hence, if you picked an Apple Watch that doesn’t belong to you or purchased a stolen Watch from someone, this article will explain to you how you can easily factory reset the Watch so that the previous owner will not be able to track it.
I made it clear in my previous post where I show you guys how to reset a stolen AirPods, that you shouldn’t buy a second hand iPhone, AirPods, Apple Watch, or Any Apple device if the person or the online store is not going to give you the necessary things needed to unlock and reset the device. Such as the Apple ID.
It’s because Apple has top-notch security in all their device, which makes it very hard or probably impossible to bypass with a trick. Hence, make sure you collect the Apple ID associated with the device you are buying or ask the previous owner to unpair the device from their phone and reset it for you to have the full permission over the Watch.
Before I show you how to reset stolen Apple Watch, I’ll first of all, provide answers to the frequently asked questions.
Can A Stolen Apple Watch Be Used
A stolen Apple Watch can probably be used, but before that, make sure you factory reset the Watch and unpair it from the previous owner’s phone.
Can A Stolen Apple Watch Be Tracked After Reseting It?
It’s effortless to track a stolen Apple Watch and know the current location. However, it will probably be impossible for the Watch to be followed if they have reset it and unpaid it from the owner’s device.
Can I Reset A Stolen Apple Watch?
Probably you can reset a stolen Apple Watch. However, I’m not assuring you that this trick will work for everyone.
How To Reset Stolen Apple Watch
Below is the long-awaited trick you have been seeking. However, make sure the Watch is disconnected from the owner’s device.
- Switch on your iPad/iPhone.
- Pair the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Now proceed to the “My Watch” tab and tap your Watch at the top of the screen.
- Tap the info button next to the Watch that you want to unpair to unpair it from the previous owner’s device.
- Tap the “Unpair Apple Watch” to confirm.
In this way, you’ve successfully unpaired the Apple Watch from all the previously paired devices. Hence, follow the steps below to erase the Watch before using it.
How To Erase Stolen Apple Watch
Before you start using the Watch, follow the below procedures to erase it not to get tracked.
- Put the stolen Watch on its charger and keep it there until you complete the steps below.
- Long press and hold the side button until you see Power Off.*
- Tightly hold the Power Off slider, then lift your finger.
- Now tap Erase all content and settings.
- Pause for the process to complete, then set up your Apple Watch again. When asked, restore from a backup.
Hence, if the “Power Off slider” did not display come up, let go of the buttons until you see the passcode entry keypad. Firmly press the keypad, then raise your finger. Tap the Reset button as soon as it appears, then pause for the process to achieve and set up your Apple Watch again. When asked, restore from a backup.
Now you’ve seen how to reset stolen Apple Watch. Hence, remember what I stated earlier, that this trick might not work for everyone. Good luck!