WhatsApp, an instant messaging, mobile app which enables the user to send and receive unlimited images, videos, audio files and other media files through the internet from the device it’s installed on.
WhatsApp has become a must-have app for smartphone users because of its cross-platform compatibility and user-friendly interface that makes sharing multimedia content more efficient than ever before.
The convenience of this app led WhatsApp to have over 1 billion users worldwide as of February 2016. However, there are times when you may wish to remove an emoji or special character from an image file sent via WhatsApp.
What Is WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is a free texting and voice-calling app that works on smartphones? It’s popular because it doesn’t use your phone’s minutes, and you can use it across a variety of platforms (such as iPhone and Android).
When people send you a message, their name comes up at the top of the screen. If they’ve texted you before, their number pops up as well so you know who they are.
How To Remove Emoji From WhatsApp Profile Picture
There are few ways, you can remove emoji from WhatsApp picture, however there isn’t an inbuilt feature for you to do this.
Fortunately, there’s a quick way to remove emojis from pictures sent in WhatsApp messages. You just need to follow these steps
- Save the picture to your phone gallery.
- Download PhotoShop Express for Windows or Mac
- Open the downloaded file
- Click Select next to All or Selected Area and drag your cursor over all the area where you’d like to delete
Apps To Remove Emoji From WhatsApp Picture
- Retrieve the picture and save it as a different file in your computer. The best way to do this is using Google Photos, which has a Copy button for downloading an image you find on the internet.
- Launch Photoshop and paste the photo in by going File > Open or with CTRL+O on Windows or CMD+O on MacOSX.
- Once the photo has been pasted into Photoshop, change its mode to RGB (Image > Mode > RGB Color) before cropping out all the black pixels (Lasso Tool).
- If there are any residual colors left over after cropping out the black pixels, go Image > Adjustments > Desaturate or press SHIFT+CTRL+U on Windows or SHIFT+CMD+U on MacOSX.
- Save the new, edited photo to replace the original one.
- To undo these changes later on, simply click File > Open then cancel when asked if you want to overwrite an existing file – only saving a new copy of that file – instead.
- It’s also possible to remove emoji manually by selecting certain areas of the image with the lasso tool and filling them in white color before saving it again.
Can I Remove Emojis From a Picture?
It is not possible to remove Emojis from a picture. You can edit the photo or remove the emoji, but it will not be possible to have the unedited picture with just text. There are no ways of editing the image without also changing other parts of the image as well.
For example, if you were to use an app like Pixlr to crop an emoji out of your photo and then try saving it as a new file, this would lead to many issues like cutting off someone’s head or removing all color from your selfie. If you want to avoid using emojis in the future, there are a few things that you can do:
- Turn off notifications for when people send emojis
- Turn off chat services where people usually send emojis
- Use stickers instead of emojis
- Don’t save any messages that contain emojis because they’ll end up on your phone’s gallery, anyway.
- Contact the person who sent you the message to let them know they need to stop sending them.
How Do You Remove Stickers From WhatsApp?
First, open the picture in the WhatsApp application. Then find the sticker you want to remove and press and hold it for about three seconds until the selection frame appears. Next tap on the circular delete button at the top of your screen and confirm deletion.
Remember, you can always add a new emoji back onto this photo, so don’t worry too much about deleting it if you think you might regret your decision later on. You can also resize the sticker by pressing down on one corner of it with two fingers.
How can I remove Smiley from a picture online?
One simple way is to search for the emoji in Google Images. On the next page, use the search by image box on the top right of your screen and select the Smiley emoji picture you want to remove.
You can also crop out a particular part of a photo using editing software. For example, Photoshop Express or Paint are some editing tools that will allow you to do this task.
Make Use Of PicWish Application To Remove Emoji from WhatsApp Pic
Follow these simple steps and you’ll be able to make use of PicWish application to remove emoji. The only thing you need is your image saved on your phone.
- Open the app and select photo as the type of photo that you want edited.
- Find the photo on your device which has emojis in it and open it up.
- Click on a button that says Emoji Removal from the photo preview, then wait for a second until you see a message confirming that all emojis have been removed successfully.
- Click Done when finished, then save or share your new photo with everyone!
READ MORE: How To Remove Emoji From Video and Photo
READ MORE: How To Delete Certain Emojis On iPhone
Your friend might sent you picture having emojis blocking some areas which you want to see. This can be annoying and make you skeptical about what they are covering. However, with the advancement of technology, you can now be able to remove emoji, from WhatsApp picture.