This article will discuss how to use AirPods on PS4. AirPods on PS4 allow for a suitable gaming experience as they directly connected you to audio activities and can enjoy the sound better.
How to Connect AirPods to Your PS4 or PS5
To connect your android device to PS4 or PS5, you need to get a suitable blue tooth adapter with audio capabilities. Even though PS4 or PS5 does not have an inbuilt blue tooth, you can still connect your AirPods to them. The only drawback is that you could not chat with your fellow gamers. It would help if you connected the AirPods to your console through a blue tooth adapter. To connect AirPods to your PS4 or PS5, kindly follow these steps.
- Connect your blue tooth adapter to your PS4 or PS5 and ensure it’s set to pairing mode.
- Open your AirPods case (while your AirPods remain inside) hold until the blue tooth adaptor shows it has paired successfully.
- On your PS4 or PS5, navigate settings, device, and audio devices.
- Change the output device to match your setup. Quickly change the output to headphones then click” All Audio.”
Can You Use AirPods to Chat With Other Players?
It is currently impossible for one to use AirPods and chat with other players on PS4 or PS5. Even though there’s an inbuilt mic in apple’s AirPods, the blue tooth adapter will only send audios from your console to your headphones. If you intend on chatting with your fellow gamers using headphones, you would need to get a device that you can use to pair with the PS4 or PS5.
Can You Connect AirPods to Tv?
Yes, you can connect your AirPods and AirPods pro to your Tv and watch various shows or documentaries. They are two ways to connect your AirPods to your Tv.
If Your Tv Has An Inbuilt Bluetooth Capability
- Get your AirPod or AirPod pro into a pairing condition by pressing and holding the button at the back of the charging case until the indicator flashes white.
- Go to your Tv’s blue tooth menu, search and select AirPods or AirPods pro to connect.
- You may decide to adjust the volume through your Tv’s remote control.
If Your Tv Does Not Have An Inbuilt Bluetooth
It would be best if you connected using a blue tooth audio adapter. Also, since AirPod or AirPod pro’s touch volume control does not work when paired with a non-apple device, it is highly recommended that you use an adapter that has inbuilt volume control. With this adapter, you will be able to:
– Adjust volume even when you pair your Tv with an adapter.
– Connect over one pair of headphones to your Tv. The steps to connect using an adapter include:
– Connect your blue tooth adapter to power.
– Connect the blue tooth adapter to the Tv.
– Get your AirPod or AirPod Pro active for pairing by pressing and holding the button on the back of your charging case until the LED indicator flashes white.
– Get your blue tooth adapter into blue tooth pairing mode.
– Keep your AirPod or AirPod pro close to the adapter until when connected.
– Once connected, you will use a digital optical connection (DOC); go back to your Tv settings and change your digital audio formats to PCM.
Can You Connect AirPods to Switch?
You cannot direct pair AirPods with a Nintech switch console; you would need to pair your android with a switch-compatible blue tooth dongle. This dongle will be plugged directly into your switch and enable you to use your AirPods together with the switch. There are various blue tooth dongles that you can use to connect to the Nintendo switch. Follow these steps to connect your AirPods to switch.
• Plug The Dongle into Nintendo Switch
The homespot dongle plugs into the charging port of the switch, while others will be plugged directly into the headphone jack.
• Press and Hold The Dongle’s Pairing Button
This will be a different base on the particular model you decide to purchase, so you need to read the operational manual.
• Once The Dongle Is In Pairing Mode, get your AirPod case, open the case, and place it in your AirPods, then press and hold the back button of the case until the status
shows white, then it’s in pairing mode.
• Bring your AirPods case closer to the dongle and wait for some minutes. Once the AirPod light turns green, then it’s connected.
You can now remove your AirPod from the case and use it with the Nintendo switch.
How to Connect AirPods to PS4 and Xbox One Controller
Connecting or pairing AirPods with PS4 and Xbox is quite complex compared to other devices. But as a gamer, it is still possible for you to connect your AirPods to these gaming apps for comfortable gaming.
How to Connect Airpods With PS4 Controller
Since it’s impossible to connect your AirPods directly to PS4, you need to use a blue tooth dongle. We will use Airfly as an example; it’s one of the most viable blue tooth dongles. Below are the steps to be taken using a blue tooth dongle.
– Connect the Airfly Pro to the DualShock 4’s 3.5mm headphone jack.
– Put Airfly Pro in transmit mode. Hold for some time until the light is flashing. Here, the device is ready to accept pairing.
– Open the android case with both pieces inside. Press and hold the button at the back of the case until the LED light turns white.
– Wait some time for Airfly Pro to pair with your AirPods. After successfully pairing, the Airfly will have a white light.
Note you can only listen to the chat and incoming sounds, but you cannot talk back as ” Airfly Pro” can only transmit to the headphones.
Other Alternative Bluetooth Dongle for Connecting AirPods to PS4
• PS4 Wireless Bluetooth Dongle
This allows one to listen and talk using their AirPod while performing their activities.
• Avantree Leaf Class 1 Long Range USB Bluetooth Audio Transmitter
This enables “Talk Mode,” which allows for ease of chatting.
How to Connect Unsupported Bluetooth Devices to PS4
- Use Supported Bluetooth Devices to Connect to PS4
You need to check for the blue tooth devices, which are supported by Sony, which is the owner of PS4. Ensure you check the information on the headset package or tweak the settings to pair PS4 with your Bluetooth device. Below are the easy steps to follow.
– Turn the blue tooth headset to pair mode to establish a link.
– Navigate to your PS4 settings and click “Devices,” then click “Bluetooth Devices.”
– Click on your headset.
– In case it connects, check if it works well with your games.
Connect The Bluetooth Headset Wired to The PS4
There may be a need for additional materials to establish a link between your blue tooth headset and PS4. You would need to use an audio cable that has an inbuilt microphone. Below are the steps to be taken.
– Connect the Bluetooth headset to your PS4 controller using an audio cable with an inbuilt microphone.
– Turn on the headset.
– Navigate to PS4 settings. Click on ” Devices” and then click “Bluetooth device.”
– Pick your headset in the list.
– Navigate to ” Device” and click on “Audio Devices.”
– Select ” Output Devices’ then click headset connected to a controller.
– Select the volume control and adjust it to either high, low, or medium.
– Select output to headphones and click “All Audio.”
– Now, check if your headset is working.
Use a USB Adapter
You may connect to the PS4 gaming app using your USB adapter. If you don’t have one, try getting one and then follow these steps.
– In the PS4 USB slot, insert your USB adapter.
– Turn on the blue tooth headset.
– Go to PS4 settings, click on devices, and then “Audio Devices.”
– Select the output device and click on the USB headset.
– Select your preferred volume settings.
– select output to headphones and then click “All Audio.”
– Now, see if the headset is working.
Use a Dongle
This is one of the best methods to connect your headset to PS4. You need a wireless mic and a dongle. Once you have bought a dongle, follow these steps.
– Insert your wireless mic.
– Insert the blue tooth dongle into the PS4 USB slot.
– Turn on the dongle by pressing the button on it.
– Turn on the blue tooth headset. Place the blue tooth headset close to the dongle to connect both devices.
– Once the connection is made, go to PS4 settings. Click “Devices” and then click “Audio Devices.”
– Click on ” Input Devices,” then choose headset connected to a controller.
– Select output devices and click on “USB Headset.”
– Select your volume settings preference
– Select ” Output to Head Phones” and click on “All Audio.”
– Check to see if working.
READ MORE: How To Use AirPods On Xbox
This article has shown you the different ways to connect your AirPods to your PS4. Use the comment section to tell us the one that worked perfectly for you.