In today’s article, you will learn how to open Facebook link in app instead of browser iPhone. In case you’re a regular Facebook user, you realize that their engineers often change the way the Facebook application works.
As far as I might be concerned, possibly the most disturbing changes they’ve ever constructed is forcing links to open in the browser rather than the Facebook app. Many users are not compatible with it.
I’ll concede that the browser loads faster than the app, however, many users are already used to the Facebook app.
Although sometimes this issue is not caused by the Facebook engineers, probably your phone has the default settings to open a link in Safari instead of the Facebook app.
Fortunately, you can with little of a stretch change the settings on both iPhone and Android. Truth be told, the Android form of the application even permits you to open a link in your default browser consequently. Here are the steps to change the settings:
How To Open Facebook link In App Instead Of Browser iPhone
It is possible to open links in the Facebook app instead of the browser, here are the quick steps to do it:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Tap on the three lines in the top left corner.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Under “General,” scroll down to “Links.”
- Tap on the “Open in App” button next to the link you want to open.
- If the link is open in a new tab, you’ll be taken to that page; if the link is already open, you’ll be taken to the Facebook app.
You don’t have to follow the above steps each time you want to open link on facebook. Follow the steps below to turn off external links from opening in another browser on Facebook.
Probably, your Facebook app has the default settings to open links in the browser instead of the app. Here is how to change the settings.
- Open your Facebook app and tap on the triple-line and a menu will open.
- Scroll down slowly to Settings & Privacy.
- Tap on the Settings Button.
- Scroll down to Media & Contacts.
- Here, you will see a “Links open externally” toggle. (It needs to be off)
You need to do the same thing on your Messenger app so as to stop the link from opening in the browser finally. Here is what to do:
- Open the Messenger app.
- Tap on your Profile displaying at the top.
- Scroll down to Photos & Media.
- Go to the sub-menu.
- The toggle for “Open Links in Default Browser” should be set to off.
Long-Press on a Link
If none of the above workarounds worked for you, another method to bypass the link from opening browser instead of the App, is to long-press the link.
Upon that, a preview of the web page will show up. Tap “Open” to open the link in the Facebook app. This will help you bypass opening the link in Safari.
Reinstall the Facebook App
If after trying all the workarounds listed in this article and none worked for you, I recommend you to reinstall the Facebook app.
Probably the most clear strategy to fix the issue is to reinstall the Facebook app. Erase and reinstall the app.
READ MORE: How To Delete Certain Emojis On iPhone
It’s just as simple as that. From now all links will load in the Facebook app. I hope you’ve learned how to open Facebook link in app instead of browser iPhone? use the comment box to drop your questions.