In this article, I’m going to show you all how to reset stolen AirPods in a minute. Hence, make sure you read carefully and also adhere to all the instructions on this article.
Do you have an AirPods that doesn’t belong to you? Stolen or borrowed. This tutorial is going to reveal the procedures that you can actually use to factory reset the AirPods so that the previous owner can’t be able to track it.
Do you know Apple has the most immeasurable top-notch security feature in all their devices? Their aim of implementing this top-notch security is to make sure any stolen device will be extremely useless except it was unlocked or bypassed. Hence, with a trick, it’s probably possible to unlock or bypass any security on Apple devices. Although, in most cases, the trick might not unlock or reset any Apple device unless you have some necessary information needed to unlock the device. For example, Apple ID.
ALSO READ- How To Put AirPods In A Pairing Mode
READ MORE- Difference Between AirPods 1 And 2
Can stolen AirPods be factory reset?
It’s possible to reset a stolen AirPods with a trick. However, I’m not assuring you that this trick is going to work for everyone.
It will not take over five minutes of your time to check if the trick will work for you or not. So try it out.
Before I show you how to reset stolen AirPods, I’ll first, answer some of the frequently asked questions.
Can A Stolen AirPods Be Tracked After Reseting It?
It’s possible and as simple as ABC to track a stolen AirPods. However, it will probably be impossible for a stolen AirPods to be tracked after it has been reset.
Hence, if you have any AirPods or Apple device that doesn’t belong to you. Ensure you reset it before using it so that the previous owner will not be able to track it.
Can A Stolen AirPods Be Used
As long as a stolen AirPods can be erased, then it’s possible for a stolen AirPods to be used. But before using it, make sure you’ve wiped out everything and also unpair it from the previous owner’s phone.
How To Reset Stolen AirPods
Before you pair any stolen AirPods on your phone, make sure you follow the steps below to reset it so that it will not get tracked.
- Place the stolen AirPods in their case and close the lid.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds, then open the lid.
- Open your Apple device, go to Settings -> Bluetooth and tap the circled “i” icon next to your AirPods.
- Tap Forget This Device and tap again to confirm.
- With the AirPods lid open, press, and hold the button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds until you see the status light flashing amber.
- With the case lid open, place your AirPods close to your device and follow the steps on your device’s screen to reconnect your AirPods.
In this way, you’ve successfully reset the stolen Apple AirPods, the AirPods will no longer recognize the previously paired device. Opening the AirPods case near to an iOS device will initiate the setup process, just like the first time you used them.
How To Reset Original And Second-Generation AirPods
Aside from teaching you how you can easily reset a stolen AirPods, you can also learn how to easily reset original and second-generation AirPods. Read and adhere to these below instructions:
- Make sure that both AirPods are in their charging case and that both the earbuds and the case have a charge.
- Find the small button on the back of the case, near the bottom. It’s flush with the case and the same color as it, so you might need to feel about it.
- Open the charging case lid.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case for at least 15 seconds. The case’s internal light between the AirPods will flash white and then amber, indicating the AirPods have reset. (If you have a Wireless Charging Case, this light is located on the front of the case.)
In this way, you’ve successfully reset the second-generation AirPods, and everything will be on the default settings.
This article has shown you the quick and easy guide to reset a stolen AirPods with being tracked, this is a tested guide from our expert.
Did it work for you? Let me hear from you.