How to tell when an app was last used on the iPhone? It has become one of the troubling questions among iPhone users. However, I will use this helpful article to answer this question that seems hard for most people.
It’s not a big deal to know when last an app was used on your iPhone. However, the reverse becomes the case when you don’t know how to check it. But before I proceed, let’s assume you have 20 installed apps on your iPhone; it could be that you do not consistently use those 20 apps installed apps on your iPhone or iPad. Hence, In this article, you will learn how to tell when an app was used last on your device and why it’s necessary to know this information.
Most people have over 30 unused apps installed on their device. Removing those apps that are not regularly used can clarify your device and free up extra storage space. Fortunately, Apple allows us to view an app last time, which can help with apparent confusion.
How To Tell When An App Was Last Used On The iPhone
Checking the last time they launched a particular app on your iPhone or iPad is as simple as reciting ABC. Just follow the steps below.
- First, turn on your iPhone and head to the Settings tab.
- Go to General.
- Now scroll down a little and tap on the iPhone Storage tab.
- Now, wait for some seconds for the apps to load. Now you will see the list of the apps you’ve not opened for a long time and the ones you’ve not used at all.
- If you open the app and the screen says ‘Last opened’ then it was last opened at least 24 hours ago.
- 2. If you open the App and the screen says ‘This device has been idle for over 2 minutes’ then it was last used at least 30 minutes ago.
In this way, you will see all the unused app on your device and those you’ve not used even for once. Go and ahead and uninstall those used apps and free up your device storage.
NOTE: You can still install them back.
How To Tell When An App Was Last Downloaded on iPhone?
There are many ways to detect when last an app was downloaded on your iPhone. We have shared the three easy steps to help you detect newly downloaded apps in your iPhone.
- Check the status bar at the top of your screen, if you see the App Store icon then the app was recently installed.
- Another sign the app was recently installed is when you see the App Store icon in the dock.
- However, if the App Store icon does not show in the status bar or in the dock, then the app was never installed.
How To Reinstall App On iPhone
Did you falsely uninstall your regularly used app or later realize the usefulness of the app you recently removed from your iPhone? If yes, kindly follow the procedures below to reinstall it.
- First, fire up your App Store app and tap on the iTunes icon.
- Now tap Purchased > My Purchases
- A new page will open, Now enter the name of that particular app you would like to reinstall on your iPhone.
- Next, toggle All apps or Not on this iPhone apps.
- Lastly, tap on the cloud icon next to the app.
In this way, you’ve successfully reinstalled the app, and it will start functioning again on your device.
Now you’ve learned how to tell when an app was last used on the iPhone. However, there is still more information on that. Keep on reading.
How To Tell When An App Was Deleted On iPhone
Do you know that it’s possible to know the exact date and time an app was deleted on iPhone? You can quickly check that through iTunes. Follow the steps below.
- First, open your iTunes main page.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Tap on More and go to Purchased Items.
- Start looking for the app.
Immediately after you locate the deleted app, iTunes will show you the exact date and time the app was removed from your device. You can also follow the above procedures to reinstall the app on your iPhone.
Now you’ve learned how to tell when an app was last used on the iPhone. However, if there is missing information in this article, let me know. Cheers!