In this article, we would reveal all the LG TV remote codes and how to use them. LG builds their TVs to be compatible and operated by their remotes (Magic and Standard remotes), but the TVs are not only controlled by these remotes, they can also be controlled by other brands of remotes as long as you have the codes to enable the pair up.
LG Standard requires no setup to work with your LG TV. All you have to do is insert a good battery and use it.
LG Magic remote requires a pair up with the TV, but it does not require a code. To pair up the Magic remote with your LG TV, take these simple steps;
Face your Magic remote towards your TV and press the Wheel/OK button on your remote once. The pop-up message “registering new remote” would be displayed on your TV to show the progress. Once the progress is complete, the pair up is complete and your Magic remote is ready for use. (Really easy).
In the event where you want to make use of a remote made by another brand like the Universal remote, you would be required to have a remote code that suits your TV and remote.
To Pair your LG TV with a compatible Universal remote, there a two steps to go about it;
The first would require you to input the code manually while the other step, the right code, would be searched for automatically. Take the following steps for the pair up;
- MANUAL INPUT
- Turn ON your TV
- Press the SETUP button and afterwards, press and hold the DEVICE button which may be used to.
- Press down the device button on the remote, enter the appropriate code for the pair up. While entering the code, the button indicating Power will turn off.
- The device button should still be held down till the light turns back ON and stays ON, this indicates that the code you inputted is correct.
- If the power button light turns back ON but blinks severally, this means that the inputted code is incorrect. Repeat the code entry with other codes till you get the correct one.
When a pair up is successful, test out the universal remote on the TV to check if it works. The remote should be able to perform all functions like increasing/decreasing the TV’s volume, switching through different channels, turn OFF/ON the TV, etc.
- Turn ON your TV.
- Press the mode button on your remote and choose your LG TV.
- Press the MUTE and POWER button on your remote simultaneously.
- Hold down both buttons until your TV automatically searches for the correct code to match your remote.
- Once the correct code is found, the TV will turn OFF.
- Press the POWER button to turn ON the TV and verify the pair up.
When making use of the manual input option during pairing up with the Universal remote, codes are required, and each code matches a different model.
Here are lists of the LG TV remote codes. These LG remote codes can be used with the Universal, Cable and SAT remote if programmed successfully.
LG 3 Digits TV Codes For Universal Remotes;
LG 4 Digits TV Codes For Universal Remote;
LG 4 Digit TV Codes For RCA Universal Remotes;
LG 4 Digit TV Code For One For All Universal Remotes;
LG 4 Digit TV Codes For GE Universal Remotes;
LG 5 Digits TV Codes For Universal Remotes;
LG 5 Digits TV Codes For DirecTV Remotes;
How to pair your LG TV with a RCA Universal Remote without a code
The following steps are to guide you on how to pair your LG TV with a RCA Universal Remote without a code;
- Turn on your TV.
- Press and hold down the TV button on your remote.
- When the light on the remote turns OFF and ON simultaneously, press the POWER (while still holding down the TV button) till the TV turns OFF then release both buttons. The TV turns OFF when it has found the correct code for pair up.
How to pair up your GE Universal remote with your LG TV
- Turn ON your LG TV and press the CODE SEARCH button on your GE Universal remote until the indicator light on your remote turns ON.
- Press the TV and POWER button till your TV turns OFF.
- After the TV turns off, press the ENTER button on your remote to save the code.
How to pair up your DirecTV remote to your LG TV
Follow the steps to pair up your DirecTV remote to your LG TV: There are two types of DirecTV remote (Universal and Genie) and so the pair up would vary;
- Press the MENU on your remote.
- On the Home page, navigate to the option SETTINGS.
- Select REMOTE CONTROL.
- Select PROGRAM REMOTE.
- Select your LG TV as the device you want to pair up with. If your TV is not present for pair up, use the code required to pair up with your TV model.
The Genie remote can be paired up to the LG TV through the Manual method or IR/RF method.
- Point your remote at your LG TV and press the MUTE and SELECT button simultaneously.
- Release both buttons when the green light on your remote blinks twice.
- Press the numbers; 9, 6, 1 and press the Channel Up button.
- Press the ENT button.
- Turn on your LG TV.
- Press the Menu button on the Genie remote.
- Select the options SETTINGS > REMOTE CONTROL > PROGRAM REMOTE. Your TV should show up now for pair up.
- Follow the onscreen procedures to complete the pair up.
- Turn ON your TV.
- Press and hold the MUTE and ENTER buttons at the same time.
- On your TV screen, a pop message “Applying IR/RF setup” would be displayed.
- Press the MENU button on your remote and access the options SETTINGS > REMOTE CONTROL > PROGRAM REMOTE.
- A dropdown list with available pair up devices would be displayed, select your LG TV type from the list.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pair up process.
READ MORE: AirPlay Not Working On LG TV (Repair Guide)
With the provided information above, it is important to note that the LG TV remote codes vary according to the type of remote and LG TV and the models, and this would determine whether the code would work.
When trying out the codes, note the type and model of your remote.